Feb 8, 2008

Carrot Orange Ginger Smoothie




After oral surgery last week, I'm continuing my exploration of foods that are easy on the teeth. This smoothie is an old favorite that I haven't made in a long time. I'm glad I had an excuse to try it again. The beta carotene is really good for you, but it's even better tasting. Reminds me a little of an orange creamsicle. You get a big hit of orange flavor from the orange juice concentrate without completely watering down the smoothie by using orange juice. I'm going to refreeze the OJ concentrate in an ice cube tray so I can have it on hand for future smoothies.

1/2 cup silken tofu
1/2 cup carrot juice
1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
4 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
pinch of salt

Blend all ingredients in a blender.
Serves one.

Adapted from Super Smoothies by Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whitford.

No comments: