Happy St. Patrick's Day. I'd like to share a treat with you that I've just discovered that seems ever so appropriate on this day of green. Green Kitchen is an online video series hosted by Alice Waters and Davia Nelson of the Kitchen Sisters on NPR. Chefs taking part in Slow Food Nation 2008 recorded short cooking demos to teach the basics like making a vinaigrette, tying a roast, or shucking corn.
• Alice Waters and her daughter, Fanny Singer, making a green salad with garlic vinaigrette
• Bryant Terry making sautéed jalapeno corn
• Rick Bayless making roasted tomato and tomatillo salsas
• David Chang making tofu and tomato salad
• Scott Peacock making roasted and sautéed okra
• Traci Des Jardins making salsa verde
• Thomas Keller making roasted chicken
Check it out for some inspiration to get your garden growing or to get some ideas of what to do with the upcoming bounty from the farmers' market.
Mar 17, 2009